It's Time For Kealing Center Stage!!!
Kealing Center Stage is the major fundraiser for the PTA with all proceeds used to support Kealing Middle School. It takes place this Saturday, April 8th at 6:30 PM at Spiderhouse Ballroom, 2908 Fruth St.
This lively adults-only event will include dinner, dancing, live music, and both silent and live auctions. Get to know other Kealing parents, teachers and staff in a casual, entertaining environment, all while raising money for Kealing Middle School.
Tickets are $25/person or two for $45. (A limited number of tickets will be sold at the door for $35/person.) BUY YOUR TICKET TODAY! To get your tickets, go to http://www.kealingpta.org/kcs. Online ticket sales end Tuesday, April 4th. Parking is limited so carpooling or ride-sharing is highly recommended! Please NO NOT park at other local business lots (like Kirby Hall, CVS or Trudy’s) because most of them tow.
BUY ONLINE! This year KCS is trying something new and exciting! Many auction items are available online NOW for immediate purchase, so even if you don’t go to the Kealing Center Stage event, you can still participate in the auctions. Go to www.32auctions.com/KCS2017 to see the auction items and start bidding. Remember all proceeds benefit Kealing Middle School.
Here is a sneak peek at some of the unique items that will be available at the Kealing Center Stage auctions:
- An Intimate Backyard Concert with Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis will be the hot item of the night! Get your friends together and plan the party of the year with this uber talented duo as your entertainment! This is a rare opportunity to have the king and queen of Austin country music perform a laid back set for you and your guests.
- Make your plans for the mountains now! One lucky family will win a Three-day Stay in a Beautiful Crested Butte, CO Condo owned by generous Kealing parents!
- Bid for your chance to win a spot in the East Austin Cycling Tour with Kealing Teachers, including Mr. Hendrex! Explore the exciting and unique history of East Austin, by bicycle while stopping at several known, and lesser known historic sites.
- Ms. Johnson is hosting a 3D Printing Party for 12 Students! Students will learn about 3D printing and have an opportunity to design and print a creation of their own!
- This just in...a member of the Kealing community has offered a Sunset Sail for Six on Lake Travis! Hop aboard this 31-foot sailboat and enjoy wine and cheese while watching the sunset over west Austin.
- One lucky Kealing student will have the chance to be Entrepreneur for the Day at P. Terry's Burger Stand!
- Which family will take home the Barbecue Dinner for Memorial Day provided by Ms. Coburn's family? • Be sure not to miss your opportunity to bid on a Day of Disc Golf with Mr. Barton and Mr. Shoaf!
- And your kids will be so disappointed if you don't win the tour of the Brackenridge Field Lab's Biotron and Invasive Species Lab with Dr. Larry Gilbert Professor of Biology at UT Austin. Only 4 students (plus one parent each) will have this opportunity.
This is just a small selection of the exciting auction items that will be available for your bidding. Thank you to all our wonderful donors! Go to the Kealing Center Stage website to see the growing list of donors and auction items, http://www.kealingpta.org/kcs or to www.32auctions.com/KCS2017 to start bidding.
IN THIS EDITION
Check the website calendar for the most up to date information.
End of grading cycle
Kealing Center Stage (Get your tickets now!)
NO SCHOOL - Staff Development Day
Mark Your Calendar!! - Kealing Homecoming and 30th Year (Re)opening Celebration
Kealing Broadcast Television is a student developed news program that airs every Tuesday through Advisory. Take a look at the videos to keep up with what's newsworthy at Kealing. Check out the broadcasts. They will post weekly in the Student Life section of the Kealing website.
Thanks to our growing list of Kealing PTA Business Supporters!
PRINCIPAL’S LIST ($1000-1999)
Texas Art Portraits
HONOR ROLL ($500-999)
Austin Boxing Babes
Charm School Vintage
Hugh Jefferson Randolph Architects
Coco Paloma Desserts
FOLIO Communications Group
Slavonk & Hortus Terraria
Click here to find out more about the Kealing Business Supporters Program!
Kealing 30th (Re)opening Anniversary
Congratulations to Pranathi Jammula for making it to the Finals of the Houston Spelling Bee and winning 3rd place!!
Who: All Hornets (past, present, future)
What: 30th Anniversary Celebration
When: April 22, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for games, tours, music, food, and fun as we mark this milestone with members of the Hornet community. Also, we will display Hornet memorabilia as a part of the event. If you have old photos, uniforms, t-shirts, et cetera that you are willing to donate for the display, please drop them by campus by April 18. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Spelling Bee Success
Girl Power Class Fundraiser
Ms. Stewart's Girl Power Class is doing a fundraiser. If you donate $2 or more you get a pink breast cancer awareness wrist band. If you donate $20 or more you get an awesome pink camo bracelet!. All of the donated money will go to the Breast Cancer Foundation for breast awareness research.
Math Counts Top Ten Finish
Congratulations to Samuel Tian, Emily Wang, Will DiCarlo and Lily Yeazell for their top 10 finish at the State Mathcounts tournament last Saturday. Way to go!
Congratulations to the two students that went all the way to state with their PTA Reflections Art and Literature pieces. Catherine Watson with Burning Pages earning an Award of Merit in Literature and Lois Lee with my My Wonderland Story Lives ON earning an Honorable Mention in Visual Arts.
Next year's theme is: Within Reach Take a leap of creative courage and enter next year for your chance to make it Nationals in Washington D.C.
We would like to thank our amazing Kealing Center Stage sponsors for their generosity. If you see these people or stop by these businesses please let them know how appreciative we are of their school support! PLATINUM LEGENDS
Thanks Kealing Center Stage Sponsors!
Susannah & Jase Auby
Michelle Cherry, Realty Austin
Primizie Snacks/ Mark & Lisa Spedale
Alan Singletary and Jane Atwood
Becky and Phil Svahn
Heather Way and Bill Christian
Lynn Boswell and Burton Baldridge
Mollie and Jeff Cullinane
Scott Douglass & McConnico
Shaheen and Akbar Hussaini
A full list of sponsors will be in the next issue or to see the list now, go to http://www.kealingpta.org/kcs.
PTA Board Nominations Needed!Without the PTA, Kealing wouldn't hold school community wide events, offer t-shirts, keep Kealing grounds looking beautiful, support teacher and students with extra curriculum, supplies, technology, field trips or provide additional support to many of Kealing's programs.
The PTA can't run without a Board! Now is the time to nominate yourself or someone you know:
If you would like more information on the duties of a position, please contact the Nominating Committee at email@example.com We would love for you to get involved. We will also be on the look out for chairs and volunteers for various committees.
We are in need of volunteers for the New Parent Reception coming up on April 8th. We are looking for current 6th grade Hornets who would can share their experience as a new Kealing student and answer questions about homework, school bus/transportation, clubs and extracurricular activities, etc.
The new parent receptions will be held during the math placement tests on: Saturday, April 8th, 9:00–11:00 & 1:00–3:00
If you are interested in helping with this event, please email Letty at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you speak Spanish, please include this in your email.
OPPORTUNITIES ON OTHER CAMPUSES
McCallum Transition Camp
If you are an 8th grader who will be attending McCallum in the fall, you need to sign up for transition camp. The camp will be held June 6 or 7th. Please visit the McCallum website or the Kealing Counselling website where we will provide the flyer and registration information. Visit kmsguidance.weebly.com. A few printed flyers will be available with Ms. Rivera in the counseling office.